Welcome to the Professional Teachers' Association of the Northern Territory
The Professional Teachers’ Association of the Northern Territory enhances the professionalism of teachers and the quality of education in the Northern Territory by linking with and supporting member associations, giving and gaining strength through involvement, cooperative effort and diversity of their individual contributions.
PTANT exists to serve the needs of and to represent and advocate for its members by providing:
- high quality advice on the development and articulation of policy to do with professional teaching matters
- provision of and support for broad-based and specific programs which result in teacher knowledge and skill renewal and the improvement of student outcomes in the NT
- access to existing links and the initiation of further links with other appropriate NT and national associations and professional teacher networks with similar goals
- a forum for professional teacher associations to exchange ideas that relate to quality teaching and learning programs in schools
- access to funding for the provision of quality programs that will have direct benefit for teachers and students in the NT
- direct input into education policy, especially to do with the professional identity of NT teachers and the renewal of their knowledge and skills
- support for individual member associations
- active participation in the public debate on education matters
whilst affirming the importance of the professional expertise and the unique role of professional teachers’ associations in the Northern Territory education community.
Lvl 11, Mitchell Centre. 55-59 Mitchell Street
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 08 8944 9324
ABN: 463 302 816 41